Our mission is to give people access to high-quality optical instruments for learning their environment, the microcosm and the macrocosm, which in turn would lead to expansion of their knowledge and further development of science.
The international and Russian optical instruments market is constantly growing. In this competitive environment, our long-term objectives are to establish a strong presence in the market and to create additional company value for our shareholders. This includes improving our brand image, expanding further into Western Europe and the United States, and developing our own R&D and production structures.
Our current goals are to increase the sales volume in the growing Russian market of optical instruments.
Levenhuk short-term objectives are further expansion into Russian cities with high family incomes and populations over 500,000. At the same time, we are also working on extending the Levenhuk product range, and expanding our geography and dealer network.
The company's long-term objectives are attaining control over key elements of optical instrument production, transportation and distribution structures, and establishing and expanding our own production.Our mid-term objectives:
- Increasing the optical instrument market share in the CIS, expanding into Central and Eastern Europe. We are planning to apply our successful business model to regional retail and wholesale practices. This will lead to a market share increase within key segments, and will assure our leading positions in the market.
- Expanding into Western Europe (opening branches in Germany, France and the United Kingdom), using our Czech Republic branch as the base of operations for this expansion.
- Opening a retail chain in North America.
- Expanding market presence in the public sector with an estimated market share of 30–40% by 2016
- Establishing our own production facilities in Southeast Asia.
- Designing our own mount for GoTo telescopes and developing the corresponding software localized for the Russian, Czech and Ukrainian markets.
- Patenting the mount design and launching the first series of telescopes with the aforementioned mount.
- ISO certification of our optical instrument production.
- Creating our own engineering center and pilot production in Russia for development of next-generation digital and electronic optical systems.
- Changing the format of our product range and increasing the number of innovative, premium products. Currently, the premium segment is controlled by the oldest companies in the market, and development is restricted by a large number of patents.
- Developing new optical designs, optical glass and mounts, receiving the necessary patents in the United States, Canada and Europe; and creating advanced optical instruments based on these advancements.
By achieving these objectives, Levenhuk will not only strengthen its leading positions in Russia, but also successfully expand into European and American markets, reaching new heights of financial success.